Monday, November 1, 2010

Breathe, You Are Alive!

Today (and tomorrow) is the Day of the Dead in Mexico, a day where they put up pictures of loved ones who have passed, and decorate altars with favorite foods, flowers, and beautiful things. It's a happy day. Today I celebrate my son and especially miss him.

Today is also a day that I am alive. A day to go outside and breathe in the Fall air, the changing trees, to be grateful that I get to be here on the earth and love my family and friends.

I breathe in a full, herby, spicy breath of air, and I slowly breathe out. I feel my body taking in the oxygen, letting out carbon dioxide. I feel my heart beating and I acknowledge that I am LIVING, and that it is for now and not always, and I am grateful!


Lotus Bodywork

No comments:

Post a Comment