Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Breathe to Slow Things Down

I was changing my baby's diaper and was supposed to be in the car for an appointment 5 minutes ago! I felt stressed and noticed that my baby seemed to be holding her breath. Realizing I was influencing her I decided to take slower, more audible deep breaths to shift the mood and help her feel it was ok.

Guess what? After about three slow breaths I started to feel relaxed, I felt more peaceful, I enjoyed the moment of changing the diaper.

I didn't change my mind, I changed the motion of my body and this shifted my frantic mood. The breath put me in my body, in my heart, and opened my perspective to see that being a few minutes late wasn't going to ruin my life! My life was good!

I laughed at myself because I teach people about the importance of breathing and even I was surprised at the difference it made.

A true story to help encourage you to take some refreshing, slow breaths when you are worried and be pleasantly surprised by how the world changes!

To receive weekly breath tips through email Sign Up HERE!

Jessica Malmberg
Giving You Back to Yourself
Therapeutic Massage and Cranio Sacral Therapy


Make an appointment for a positive-energy building massage!
Enjoy the wonderful mental health benefits. (707)758-2365


No comments:

Post a Comment